Friday, October 2, 2009
How to resolve the issue?
Follow these steps to resolve this issue with the computer not booting correctly after SP3 is installed.
1) Start your computer in Safe Mode.
2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter.
This will open the Registry Editor.
3) Click the pluses(+) next to the following registry keys to navigate to the correct spot.
4) In the right hand column find the entry titled START and double-click on it
5) Change the number to 4 and click Ok
6) Close the Registry Editor
7) Shut down your computer and restartThis time the computer should restart normally and finish the installation of SP3.
Monday, July 6, 2009
1: Boot from Windows Vista DVD and on the Install Now screen, click Repair Your Computer.
2: Click Command Prompt.
3: Type cd C:\windows\winsxs and then press ENTER.
4: Type ren pending.xml pending.old and then press ENTER.
5: Type regedit and then press ENTER.
6: Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Now click on the File menu and then click Load Hive.
7: Locate the following folder:C:\windows\system32\config\components When you are prompted for a name, type Offline_Components.
8:In Registry Editor, locate and then delete the following registry subkey: HLKM\Offline Components\AdvancedInstallersNeedResolvingHKLM\Offline Components\PendingXmlIdentifier
9: Type exit and restart your computer.
NOTE: Even if u delete the PENDING.XML file, one can boot into the desktop.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Open command prompt with elevated privilages.
Type "netsh winhttp reset proxy" (without quotes) and hit Enter.
Reboot the computer and try windows update.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Log on with another administrator user profile or if you don’t have any other and you are the only user do the following:
1. Turn off computer
2. Turn on computer and press F8 while you see the DELL logo
3. On the Windows Advanced Options select Safe Mode
4. Open the Start Menu and type Regedit on the Start Search field
NOTE: If unable to boot to OS even in safe mode then boot to WinRE, go to command prompt - type regedit.exe to perform below steps:
5. Go to the following entry:
a. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Profile List
6. There you will find the following information:
7. On the “.BAK” file you will find an entry with ProfileImagePath with the name of the user.
8. Delete the repeated entry that does not contain “.BAK”
9. Right click on the other entry and select Rename. Delete the extension .BAK for the original entry.
10. Exit Regedit
11. Restart computer.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
1: Drive not detected in ROXIO but windows XP detectes and able to burn cd/dvd
2: Drive does not recognize media (Blank CD/ DVD)
Eg: After CD or DVD media has been loaded into the writer or drive, the following error appears: Please insert disc The drive may have already spun the disc up or has the drive simply accepts the disc and nothing happens.
To resolve the issue:
Download and install the updated PX Engine : http://docs.sonic.com/support/px/pxengine2_08_40d.exe
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Start > RUN > type " services.msc" (without quotes)
Look for " software licencing service " and restart.
Now the control panel opens up fine.
After reboot, the service stops. One has to restart manually again.
Has anyone tried to boot into SAFE MODE and see what happens, Try and let me know.
BIOS: Dell Inspiron 1525 System BIOS, English, Inspiron 1525, A09
Release Date: 2/27/2008 12:00:00 AM
Systems: Dell Inspiron 1525 Series
Build Date: 02/05/2008
Features: 1. Update Intel VBIOS. 2. Battery feature enhancement. 3. Improve Penrun CPU support